KET is now offering in-person, facilitator training for workshops that have been proven to advance the school readiness skills of young children, particularly those in low-income communities. All of the materials are available to download to conduct the workshops on your own. However, the Early Childhood Education team at KET has executed these same workshops across the state and an Early Childhood Credentialed trainer can lead you through the steps for making yours a success.
Here is a list of just some of the topics that will be included in your training based upon the workshop you choose to host:
- Knowledge of the structure and general flow of the workshops.
- Understanding of the science inquiry and engineering design processes.
- Fundamentals of being an engaged and trusted facilitator.
- Requirements for each of the facilitator roles.
- Details about the content and requirements for each workshop session.
- Familiarity with the resources and tools available through PBS Kids to continue the learning process with families.
Visit the Resource Library to learn about the workshops available and how to register for training.