Kids are natural scientists, constantly exploring the world around them. The Cat in the Hat Builds That! app supports children’s understanding of science concepts and involves them in doing science using the engineering and design process. Kids will travel to fantastical worlds with the Cat in the Hat and learn right alongside Nick and Sally. The games in this app encourage kids to ask questions, experiment, tinker and make mistakes all the while building problem solving and science inquiry skills.
SCIENCE GAMES AND ACTIVITIES
- 3 entertaining games focusing on key science concepts
- Learn measurements and how sturdy materials are in Bridge-a-rama
- Develop organizational and identification skills with Sorta-ma-gogo
- Learn about physics, momentum, and surface tension in Slidea-ma-zoo with Thing 1 & Thing 2
- Parental notes and suggestions to help foster the learning experience
- Thought experiments for the growing mind
- Hands-on activities for each game
- Drawing prompts to inspire creativity, planning and reflection
FUN AND EXPLORATION
- Customize a treehouse and backyard that grows the more you play
- “Cat in in the Hat”-inspired tools to help make science discoveries
Future updates include new games and rewards, Spanish language option and fun seasonal activities!