The 2016 KET School Video Project Challenge: Election 2016, ran from August 1, 2016, through November 18. A prize drawing for a free greenscreen/lighting kit was held on Monday, November 21. Kentucky public, private, and homeschools were eligible to participate.
Our winner of the prize drawing on Nov. 21 for a free greenscreen/lighting kit was T.K. Stone Middle School, Elizabethtown Independent Schools! Angela Rucker, Library Media Specialist, uploaded her students’ video entry, Mock Debate 2016. See it and the other videos schools shared for the project at the KET School Video Project website’s Videos page in the Challenge: Election 2016 video category.
Suggestions for projects included: Mock debates, history of the election process, famous presidents, candidate biographies, electoral college explained, important election issues, student/teacher interviews.
- PBS Election Central
- PBS Learning Media Election Central Educational Guide
- PBS Kids You Choose 2016
- Teens Want More Education on the Electoral Process – NPR Youth Radio
- Get Free Resources for Teaching Election 2016 – New York Times
- Election 2016: Lesson Plans and Digital Resources for Educators – Edutopia
- Scholastic News Election 2016
- 2016 Campaign Connection – PBS
- 2016 Presidential Election – NPR
For assistance, contact Jeff Gray, KET, at 859-258-7263; firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: All other video challenges are closed.