Royal Road Across the Frontier
26:46 | #1412 | TV-G
The journey along El Camino Real continues to the traditional hot springs of Aguas Calientes, which gave ancient travelers a brief respite from the dry, dusty roads. The springs no longer exist, but the town still marks the frontier where the dry, dangerous desert begins. Stops in the desert include the mining town of Zacatecas, where today's travelers can ride deep into the bowels of the mines or high above them in a cable car; the agricultural, commercial, and tourist center of Durango, founded as a mining town in 1563; and the towns of Mapami and Valle de Allende.
No upcoming episodes scheduled.
- KET2: February 12, 2019 at 4:00 PM ET / February 12, 2019 at 3:00 PM CT
- KET2: January 23, 2018 at 4:00 PM ET / January 23, 2018 at 3:00 PM CT
- KET2: November 8, 2016 at 4:00 PM ET / November 8, 2016 at 3:00 PM CT
- KET2: September 1, 2015 at 4:00 PM ET / September 1, 2015 at 3:00 PM CT
- KET2: June 10, 2014 at 4:30 PM ET / June 10, 2014 at 3:30 PM CT