Home for Unwed Mothers/Long Expedition Encampment/Evelyn Nesbit Portrait
56:01 | #311 | TV-G
A Kansas City woman wants to find her parents, but the only clue she has is a medallion of the Virgin Mary that was attached to her diaper when she was presented for adoption from a Home for Unwed Mothers. Along the Missouri River in Omaha, archaeologists dig into an encampment from the "Long Expedition" of 1819, which is considered the first exploration expedition to be accompanied by scientists. And a woman in New Jersey shows the portrait she believes is a lost masterpiece by one of America's greatest illustrators and artists, Howard Chandler Christy. The subject is purportedly Evelyn Nesbit, the actress and model who came to fame in 1906 when her husband killed a famous architect accused of "taking advantage" of her.
No upcoming episodes scheduled.
- KET2: February 14, 2018 at 7:00 PM ET / February 14, 2018 at 6:00 PM CT
- KET2: May 4, 2013 at 8:00 PM ET / May 4, 2013 at 7:00 PM CT
- KET2: January 22, 2011 at 8:00 PM ET / January 22, 2011 at 7:00 PM CT
- KET2: February 21, 2009 at 8:00 PM ET / February 21, 2009 at 7:00 PM CT
- KET: October 9, 2005 at 10:00 PM ET / October 9, 2005 at 9:00 PM CT