26:55 | #0
Two Eastern Kentuckians demonstrate the ancient skill of Appalachian chair caning, from finding a suitable hickory tree in the woods through felling it, stripping the bark, and weaving the traditional patterns used in caning a chair seat. The documentary is enhanced by the stories the men tell as they work, and by the inclusion of some of the history of this ancient art, which dates back at least to early Egypt, and may have sprung from skills developed 70,000 years ago or more.
No upcoming episodes scheduled.
- KETKY: May 2, 2019 at 9:00 AM ET / May 2, 2019 at 8:00 AM CT
- KETKY: March 15, 2019 at 12:30 PM ET / March 15, 2019 at 11:30 AM CT
- KETKY: February 18, 2019 at 12:00 PM ET / February 18, 2019 at 11:00 AM CT
- KETKY: December 19, 2018 at 4:30 PM ET / December 19, 2018 at 3:30 PM CT
- KETKY: December 9, 2018 at 9:30 AM ET / December 9, 2018 at 8:30 AM CT