Implementing Kentucky's New Academic Standards
56:15 | #205
In August 2010, the state Board of Education adopted the new Kentucky Core Academic Standards, which include the national Common Core Standards for math and English/language arts. This program explores how innovative statewide networks of teachers and administrators are deconstructing, disseminating, and implementing these new standards. Guests: Michael Miller, director, Division of Program Standards, Kentucky Department of Education; Dr. Leslie Burns, program chair, English Education, University of Kentucky; Kricket McClure, assistant superintendent, Henry County Public Schools; Seth Hunter, math specialist and regional consultant, Ohio Valley Educational Cooperative. A 2011 KET production.
No upcoming episodes scheduled.
- KETKY: July 22, 2011 at 1:00 AM ET / July 22, 2011 at 12:00 AM CT
- KETKY: June 23, 2011 at 1:00 AM ET / June 23, 2011 at 12:00 AM CT
- KETKY: June 3, 2011 at 2:30 AM ET / June 3, 2011 at 1:30 AM CT
- KETKY: March 29, 2011 at 8:00 AM ET / March 29, 2011 at 7:00 AM CT
- KETKY: March 28, 2011 at 4:00 AM ET / March 28, 2011 at 3:00 AM CT