Learning World Languages To Prepare for College and Careers
56:48 | #206
Host Bill Goodman and guests explore the importance of world language study in the global society, where fluency in other languages and familiarity with other cultures are prerequisites for success. In the face of this reality, Kentucky high schools and colleges are turning to performance-based assessments and real-world experiences to help students acquire life-long foreign language skills. Guests: Dr. Jacqueline Van Houten, world languages and international education consultant, Kentucky Department of Education; Randy Barrette, Spanish teacher, Menifee County High School; Alicia Vinson, world languages immersion program coordinator, Fayette County Public Schools; and Dr. John Millay, superintendent, Cloverport Independent Schools. A 2011 KET production.
No upcoming episodes scheduled.
- KETKY: July 22, 2011 at 2:00 AM ET / July 22, 2011 at 1:00 AM CT
- KETKY: June 23, 2011 at 2:00 AM ET / June 23, 2011 at 1:00 AM CT
- KETKY: June 3, 2011 at 3:30 AM ET / June 3, 2011 at 2:30 AM CT
- KETKY: April 25, 2011 at 11:00 AM ET / April 25, 2011 at 10:00 AM CT
- KETKY: April 21, 2011 at 9:00 AM ET / April 21, 2011 at 8:00 AM CT