Parents-Empowered, Engaged, and Involved
57:00 | #302
To succeed academically, students not only need excellent teachers, they also need active, engaged parents or guardians. This program examines ways in which Kentucky educators encourage parental involvement in schools, including strategies that make families feel more connected to their children's educational experiences and programs that train parents for leadership roles. Panelists: Stu Silberman, executive director, Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence; Rob Carroll, principal, South Heights Elementary School in Henderson County; and Jennifer Anderson, parent of a seventh-grader and a ninth-grader, Rowan County Schools.
No upcoming episodes scheduled.
- KETKY: April 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM ET / April 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM CT
- KETKY: February 1, 2012 at 2:00 AM ET / February 1, 2012 at 1:00 AM CT
- KETKY: October 21, 2011 at 3:00 PM ET / October 21, 2011 at 2:00 PM CT
- KETKY: October 20, 2011 at 7:00 AM ET / October 20, 2011 at 6:00 AM CT
- KETKY: October 19, 2011 at 10:00 PM ET / October 19, 2011 at 9:00 PM CT