- This event has passed.
2021 Summer Celebration: I Want My KET Recap
Tuesday June 22 @ 7:00 pm - 11:59 pm EDT
Thanks to everyone who joined KET’s 33rd annual Summer Celebration—both in person at Donamire Farm, and online as bidders in the virtual silent auction! The June 12th event brought back the fun—safely—for so many. Some 580 guests made this year’s celebration extra special and helped raise funds for KET’s greatest hits.
“I Want My KET” turned back time with totally rad 80s costumes, big hair, an audacious auction, thriller jams by the Jimmy Church Band, even a DeLorean! But the most excellent part of this retro rewind was the chance to celebrate again—together.
If you missed the fun or want to relive the festivities, please enjoy photos of the event or make a last-minute contribution here:
Summer Celebration is KET’s largest single-day source of funds that advances KET’s mission. And while KET has always been a transformational force in learning, culture and citizenship, in this past year alone, one million people turned to KET each week for health and economic news, at-home learning resources and comfort for the soul.
Thank you for helping to make KET, like, totally awesome!
See you on the flip side
Please, “save the date” for Summer Celebration 2022: Saturday, June 11.
Oh, What a Night!
33rd Annual Summer Celebration: I Want My KET
SATURDAY, June 12, 2021 | 7 p.m. to Midnight ET | Donamire Farm, Lexington
We celebrated again—together—at an audacious 80s party! In a throwback to big hair, bigger shoulders and thriller dance moves, rewind with KET—safely—to when video influenced generations. KET has always been a transformational force in learning, arts and citizenship. Don’t stop believin’ in what television can and should be. Your support makes KET, like, totally awesome.
- Queen of Pop—Honorary Chair: Melanie Glasscock Simpson
- Rock Star—Hostess: Mira Ball
- Flashdance—Music: The Jimmy Church Band
- Bodacious Bazaar—Sponsored by Farmer’s Jewelry. Silent Auction includes: UK basketball lower-arena season tickets, vacations, jewelry, furnishings, fine art and 300 bargains! Bidding begins June 5.
- Vice to Vogue—Attire: Summer festive or old-school (leg warmers to lace, popped collars to punk)
- Money for Nothing—$200 per person or $1,500 for reserved tables of six. Sponsors receive added benefits. Includes dinner, open bar, entertainment (and no speeches!)
- Premier Sponsor: Harp Enterprises
- Host Sponsors: Alliance Coal, LLC | Alltech | Baird | Brotherton Brown Group at Morgan Stanley | Columbia Gas of Kentucky, Inc. | Hardscuffle | KV Oil & Gas | LG&E and KU Energy, LLC
Proceeds benefit KET’s way-cool programs and services. Thank you!