- This event has passed.
Free Photography Workshop: My Kentucky – Family & Tradition
Sunday November 8, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - Sunday November 15, 2020 @ 4:30 pm EST
Inspired by photographer Wendy Ewald and a new documentary from Appalshop and POV called, “Portraits and Dreams,” we’re offering Kentuckians a set of workshops with the theme, “My Kentucky.”
In these virtual workshops, you will learn how to see your environments and the people around you in a new way. Discover how incorporating a sense of storytelling into your photographs can elevate your work.
- Description: By using storytelling elements in your photographs, you’ll move from taking snapshots to creating portraits of the people closest to you that capture the meaning in a moment.
- Ages: Families including kids ages 8+ (with kids under 18 accompanied by an adult)
- Instructor: Marvin Young
- Dates (workshop consists of two parts):
- PART A: Sun., Nov. 8, 3-4:30 pm ET | Instruction, discussion, homework assignments
- PART B: Sun., Nov. 15, 3-4:30 pm ET | Homework critique
Questions? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is now closed for this workshop.
This event is made possible in part by a grant from American Documentary (POV), with funding provided by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.