>>Back to Careers and Internships home | >> Download the State Application (Word doc)
The Commonwealth Fund for KET, the fundraising unit of Kentucky Educational Television, has the following job opening at its Network Center in Lexington, Kentucky:
Membership Coordinator – Gift Accounting
- Responsible for recording all donations into the fundraising software database, including checks, credit cards, electronic and automatic monthly gifts.
- Works closely with the KET Business Office to provide all reports and data needed for month-end close, and auditors for year-end financial statements.
- Facilitates weekly donor acknowledgments and pledge reminders, as well as year-end tax receipts and other financial documentation as needed.
- Coordinates and promotes KET’s Matching Gift program.
- Executes all Sustaining Member communications and stewardship. Assists with all other customer service and donor relations duties.
- Assists with Commonwealth Fund for KET events statewide, including on-air fundraising drives, gala fundraisers, premieres and family activities.
- Assists all Commonwealth Fund for KET staff and volunteers with technical support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- All donations, donor data and acknowledgments are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Donors receive prompt and courteous assistance with all questions or concerns.
- Sustaining and electronic fund donations continue to grow, and credit cards are up-to-date.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The list below represents the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle more than one task at a time.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and database management skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to be flexible and work occasional nights and weekends.
- Experience in customer service and/or non-profit fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or equivalent combination of education and qualifications preferred.
Send state application, cover letter, resume and writing samples to Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Dr., Lexington, KY 40502, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 859-258-7766.
Position will remain open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.