On-air Image/Promotion Producer
On-air Image/Promotion Manager
- Produce, write, and edit high-impact, innovative, and creative on-air promotion.
- Oversee all visual, sound, and content elements of the production. Perform pre-production, production, and post production of on-air image elements, funding spots, and other interstitial material.
- Produce original spots to promote KET programs and services and utilize promo material from PBS and other sources; make decisions on customization and utilization based on appropriateness for KET. Implement on-air marketing priorities.
- Prepare interstitial air time, date parameters, and dubbing requirements, and disseminate to appropriate staff. Communicate with the traffic department.
- Paying great attention to detail, ensure technical quality control of interstitial elements, accuracy of information (times, dates, titles, etc.), and adherence to style formats. Make corrections as needed.
- Research and develop promotion ideas; maintain standards of quality and consistency; work in a timely and efficient manner adhering to all deadlines.
- Perform production tasks including: research, timing segments, logging tapes, obtaining releases, keeping continuity notes, booking guests and travel, following scripts, proofreading character generator text, and operating production equipment such as still store and teleprompter. Prepare and maintain records necessary for the production personnel and facilities requests for broadcast, including budget materials, rights and talent contracts, music and video cue sheets, equipment maintenance records, copyright information and operational records and reports. Cast talent and negotiate fees. Supervise the director, associate producers, and interns in their activities. Direct, operate cameras, switchers, editor,s and other production equipment as needed. Assists in the production of on-air pledge drives.
- Attend regular meetings with Marketing Division, Production staff, and Image/Traffic staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus three (3) years of television production experience required. Practical experience in television may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Proven experience and achievement in producing, directing, and writing studio-based and EFP commercial/spot productions for local or national broadcast required.
- Non-linear editing experience required.
- Strong computer, writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to make significant commitment of time and energy.
- Must be able to carry production equipment (up to 40 lbs).
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send state application, cover letter, and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position open until filled.