KET invites guests to attend one of several free preview screenings of its new bluegrass documentary Big Family: The Story of Bluegrass Music, which are scheduled for across the state this summer.
Preview events will be held in the following cities:
- Owensboro: July 13 from 7-9 pm CDT, Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum
- Paducah: July 14 from 3-4:30 pm CDT, Maiden Alley Cinema
- Lexington: July 16 from 7-9 pm EST, Kentucky Theatre
- Morehead: July 18 from 7-8:30 pm EST, Morehead Conference Center
- Murray: July 23 from 7-8:30 pm CDT, Murray State University, Curris Center Theater
- Louisville: July 30 from 7-8:30 pm EST, Kentucky Country Day Theater
- Prestonsburg: August 1 from 7-8:30 EST, Mountain Arts Center
Admission to the screenings is free. Reservations can be made online at KET.org/events.
Narrated by actor and bluegrass enthusiast Ed Helms, Big Family: The Story of Bluegrass Music provides a comprehensive look at bluegrass music – what it is, key musicians who have shaped its sounds, and its worldwide appeal. The documentary premieres Friday, Aug. 30 at 9/8 pm on KET and will be carried by PBS stations nationwide.
At the heart of the two-hour film is the music itself, as recordings and performance footage showcase and celebrate the genre’s unique sound. More than 50 musicians appear in the film, including Alison Brown, Dale Ann Bradley, Sam Bush, JD Crowe, Bela Fleck, Laurie Lewis, Del McCoury, Bobby Osborne, Ricky Skaggs, Chris Thile, and many more.
More information, including a press kit, trailer, photo gallery and a full list of those appearing in the film, is available at KET.org/bigfamily.
Big Family: The Story of Bluegrass Music is a KET production, made possible in part by the KET Endowment for Kentucky Productions. It is produced by Matt Grimm and Nick Helton and written by Teresa Day. Executive producers are Craig Cornwell, Shae Hopkins, Linda Randulfe Marquez and Nancy Southgate.
KET is Kentucky’s largest classroom, where learning comes to life for more than one million people each week via television, online and mobile. Learn more about Kentucky’s preeminent public media organization at KET.org, on Twitter @KET and at facebook.com/KET.Contact:
Senior Director, Marketing and Communications
###Big Family Preview Events - (288.13 KB)