About Woodsmith Shop
The pages of Woodsmith magazine come to life in this unique concept for public television. Each of the thirteen, half-hour episodes is built around a theme and teaches the skills and safe tool techniques necessary to build a variety of woodworking projects in a home shop. On each program, host Don Peschke, founding editor of Woodsmith, leads a cast of editors and project designers as they explore a wide range of tips, tools, jigs and fixtures, and techniques. Segments on most programs include The Basics, Techniques, Three Things to Consider, Tool Tune-Up, Shop Tips, Oops! When Things Go Wrong, and Woodworkers' Roundtable. Produced by Iowa Public Television in high-definition and shot on a special set built just for this program, most episodes include detailed animations that show exactly how machines work and wood joints are assembled. Whether viewers are just starting out or have been woodworking for years, they'll find something new in every episode to apply to their next project. In addition, a companion website (www.WoodsmithShop.com) offers a handy place to find additional resources and download free technique articles and plans for projects shown in the series.
Solving Problems, Woodworking Solutions - S13 E13
Join the cast as they share workshop mishaps, botched details, and how to fix them.
- Thursday September 24, 2020 4:00 pm ET on KET2
- Thursday September 24, 2020 3:00 pm CT on KET2
The Best Miter Saw Stand
See the new shop space, and work begins on a mobile work center for the miter saw.
- Thursday October 1, 2020 4:00 pm ET on KET2
- Thursday October 1, 2020 3:00 pm CT on KET2
Laid Back Bookrack
This project offers an open design, an appealing look, and puts a new angle on storing your books.
- Thursday October 8, 2020 4:00 pm ET on KET2
- Thursday October 8, 2020 3:00 pm CT on KET2
Three Bright Candle Projects
Three candle-based projects use different tools, sets of skills, and material choices.
- Thursday October 15, 2020 4:00 pm ET on KET2
- Thursday October 15, 2020 3:00 pm CT on KET2
Take Care of Your Tools
Chris, Logan, and Phil look at three tools and discuss what it takes to keep them in top shape.
- Thursday October 22, 2020 4:00 pm ET on KET2
- Thursday October 22, 2020 3:00 pm CT on KET2
Barnwood Entry Bench - S13 E12
- Thursday September 17, 2020 4:00 pm ET on KET2
- Thursday September 17, 2020 3:00 pm CT on KET2
Adjustable Stool - S13 E11
- Thursday September 10, 2020 4:00 pm ET on KET2
- Thursday September 10, 2020 3:00 pm CT on KET2
Shop-Made Clamps - S13 E10
- Thursday September 3, 2020 4:00 pm ET on KET2
- Thursday September 3, 2020 3:00 pm CT on KET2
Step-Back Bookcase - S13 E9
- Thursday August 27, 2020 4:00 pm ET on KET2
- Thursday August 27, 2020 3:00 pm CT on KET2