Pioneer families made baskets, fishing nets, quilts, brooms, and furniture by hand, from whatever materials were available, because they had to. Today, these same items are mass-produced and readily available, but the hand-made versions persist for very different reasons. This 1993 KET documentary visits members of five Western Kentucky families to discover how they are preserving the tradition of hand-crafting these household items-and why they believe it is important to maintain this link to the past.
Crafting Tradition | Tuesday, March 28 at 10:00 PM ET / Tuesday, March 28 at 9:00 PM CT
57:40 | #0
- KETKY: Saturday, May 20 at 2:00 PM ET / Saturday, May 20 at 1:00 PM CT
- KETKY: Thursday, May 25 at 7:00 PM ET / Thursday, May 25 at 6:00 PM CT
- KETKY: Friday, June 2 at 11:00 AM ET / Friday, June 2 at 10:00 AM CT
- KETKY: Monday, June 19 at 4:00 PM ET / Monday, June 19 at 3:00 PM CT
- KETKY: Monday, June 19 at 9:00 PM ET / Monday, June 19 at 8:00 PM CT
- KETKY: Saturday, June 24 at 4:00 PM ET / Saturday, June 24 at 3:00 PM CT
Price available upon request.
KET Duplication Services
600 Cooper Drive
Lexington, KY 40502-2296