The communal experiment of the Shakers at Pleasant Hill, Kentucky began with a promise-a Covenant. But with change in the outside world came revisions to their ideals of the perfect society. This documentary, produced by Michael Breeding with support from the KET Fund for Independent Production, mirrors the changing Shaker Covenant and explores the beliefs, struggles, and successes of the people who once lived at Pleasant Hill and Kentucky's other Shaker village at South Union. Dr. Stephen Stein, professor of religious studies at Indiana University; Tommy Hines of South Union; Larrie Curry, director of collections at Pleasant Hill; and Susan Hughes, director of education at Pleasant Hill, provide historical and religious insight.
Shakertown: Into a More Perfect Order | Friday, February 3 at 6:00 AM ET / Friday, February 3 at 5:00 AM CT
56:38 | #0 | TV-G | First Aired: February 13, 2002
- KETKY: Sunday, May 14 at 10:00 AM ET / Sunday, May 14 at 9:00 AM CT
- KETKY: Sunday, May 14 at 7:00 PM ET / Sunday, May 14 at 6:00 PM CT
- KETKY: Monday, May 15 at 12:00 AM ET / Sunday, May 14 at 11:00 PM CT
- KETKY: Wednesday, May 17 at 7:00 AM ET / Wednesday, May 17 at 6:00 AM CT
- KETKY: Wednesday, May 17 at 8:00 PM ET / Wednesday, May 17 at 7:00 PM CT
- KETKY: Friday, May 19 at 6:00 PM ET / Friday, May 19 at 5:00 PM CT
- KETKY: Saturday, May 20 at 11:00 AM ET / Saturday, May 20 at 10:00 AM CT
- KETKY: Saturday, May 20 at 8:00 PM ET / Saturday, May 20 at 7:00 PM CT
Price available upon request.
Michael Breeding Media
303 Madison Place
Lexington, KY 40508