Mail on the Fly: The Railroad Post Office
28:44 | #102
Nearly a century and a half ago, the United States Post Office saw the great advantage of utilizing the speed and efficiency of the railroad in moving letters and packages across America. All across the continent, post offices were built near railroad stations to ease the transfer and increase the speed of delivery. The postal service requirements were so precise that they created uniform specifications for the building of the equipment that would carry the mail, Railroad Post Office cars.Â Only two remain today.
No upcoming episodes scheduled.
- KET2: March 29, 2018 at 7:00 PM ET / March 29, 2018 at 6:00 PM CT
- KETKY: January 13, 2018 at 5:30 AM ET / January 13, 2018 at 4:30 AM CT
- KETKY: January 11, 2018 at 9:30 PM ET / January 11, 2018 at 8:30 PM CT
- KETKY: November 2, 2017 at 11:00 AM ET / November 2, 2017 at 10:00 AM CT
- KETKY: July 7, 2017 at 10:30 AM ET / July 7, 2017 at 9:30 AM CT