Nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, independent producers, government agencies, and others who share and value KET’s mission are invited to submit Kentucky-centered programs to be considered for broadcast on KET, KET2, or the Kentucky Channel.
Program Submission Overview
If you have a program that is Kentucky-centric, of interest to viewers in the commonwealth, and meets KET’s editorial guidelines and technical requirements, we invite you to submit it for consideration.
1. Send a link or DVD of the program, along with your name, address, email address, and phone number, plus a one-paragraph description of the program, to:
Paul Smith, Programming Manger
600 Cooper Dr.
Lexington, KY 40502
2. You will receive confirmation of receipt of your program. Programs are screened in the order they arrive at KET. Due to the large number of programs screened each week, the turnaround is usually several weeks.
3. If your program is accepted for broadcast, a Programming and Content Distribution Agreement will be sent to you.
4. If your program is accepted for broadcast, a master file may be submitted as an MPEG-4 AVC QuickTime, MPEG-4 XDCAM EX35 Quicktime, or ProRes 422 LT QuickTime file. A master may also be submitted on XDCAM, DVCAM (miniDV is acceptable) or BetaSP. Detailed parameters, including FTP credentials and formatting details, will be provided by KET.
5. Once the master file has been received, screened, and approved by KET, the program will be scheduled. Programs are scheduled two to three months in advance. You will be notified of the air dates.