Renee Shaw and four legislators discuss Kentucky's upcoming 2020 general election. Guests: Senate President Robert Stivers, a Republican from Manchester; House Speaker David Osborne, a Republican from Prospect; House Minority Whip Angie Hatton, a Democrat from Whitesburg; and Senate Minority Leader Morgan McGarvey, a Democrat from Louisville.
Today's Schedule Tuesday, October 20th
- Interim Joint Committtee on Banking and Insurance8:30am EDT
- Interim Joint Committee on Education10:30am EDT
- Interim Joint Committee on Transportation1:00pm EDT
- Budget Review Subcommittee on General GovernmentOctober 21, 8:30am EDT
- Budget Review Subcommittee on EducationOctober 21, 10:30am EDT
- Interim Joint Committee on Appropriations and RevenueOctober 21, 1:00pm EDT
- Capital Projects and Bond Oversight CommitteeOctober 21, 3:00pm EDT
- Interim Joint Committee on JudiciaryOctober 22, 10:30am EDT
- Interim Joint Committee on Natural Resources and EnergyOctober 22, 1:00pm EDT
Renee Shaw talks with Beth Howard and Michael Harrington about building multi-racial alliances among poor and working-class Kentuckians. Then Devine Carama discusses his walk across the state to promote voter awareness and racial justice.
At issue is a governor's authority to issue orders pursuant to KRS Chapter 39A. Oral arguments heard on Sept. 17, 2020.
Bill Bryant and guest journalists discuss the upcoming 2020 general election and other news from the commonwealth. Guests: Daniel Desrochers, Lexington Herald-Leader; Mark Vanderhoff, WLKY in Louisville; and Deborah Yetter, Louisville Courier Journal.
Host Renee Shaw discusses issues affecting Kentucky’s 4th Congressional District with scheduled guest Alexandra Owensby – Democrat candidate, 4th Congressional District.
Bill Bryant and guest reporters discuss the fall 2020 election season, the latest COVID-19 numbers, and other news from the commonwealth. Guests: Alex Acquisto, Lexington Herald-Leader; Joe Ragusa, Spectrum News 1; and Morgan Watkins, Louisville Courier Journal.
Host Renee Shaw discusses issues affecting Kentucky’s 3rd Congressional District with scheduled guest U.S. Rep. John Yarmuth – Democrat, 3rd Congressional District.