With the onset of COVID-19, families across Kentucky are grappling with a new reality—how to balance work, childcare, and self-care needs? Extended school closures have moved academics from the classroom to the living room, leaving caregivers to adjust.
Hosted by KET’s Renee Shaw, this live forum will bring experts from education and healthcare fields together to share practical advice and resources for families facing this new challenge and answer viewer questions.
Families and COVID-19: A KET Forum airs Monday, April 20 at 8/7 pm on KET.
The panel of guests includes:
- Allen Brenzel, MD, medical director of the Kentucky Department for Behaviorial Health Development and Intellectual Disabilities
- Kevin Brown, interim commissioner of Kentucky Department of Education
- Eamonn FitzGerald, family/community early childhood district coordinator with Fayette County Public Schools
- Paula Hunter, Family Resource Center director, Nicholas County Schools
- LaToya Benberry, Family Resource coordinator, Paducah Independent School District
- Connie White, MD, deputy commissioner for clinical services, Kentucky Department for Public Health
- Jean Schumm, founder and president, Operation Parent
- Tonya Crum, senior director of education, KET
- Diane Hatchett, Ph.D., superintendent, Berea Independent School District