Learn basic video editing skills to enhance multimedia projects
You’ll learn how to edit your own videos using inexpensive and easy-to-use editing software in this hands-on workshop. We use a representative pc video editing software in our workshops, and the methods and techniques used translate well across all computer platforms and software. Laptops, software, and other equipment are provided by the KET Media Lab.
In the Basic Video Editing Workshop, you will learn how to:
- Edit educational video projects with Pinnacle Studio software
(an inexpensive example consumer program)
- Make titles and graphics
- Apply transitions and effects
- Record voiceovers and adjust audio
- Add special effects such as greenscreen (chromakey) – see the separate greenscreen workshop for more
- Make a video slide show with audio narration (the Digital Storytelling method)
- Share an edited video online
Our basic video editing workshop will get your started in editing your own videos and provide some special techniques and effects that will enhance student-produced multimedia projects.
Audience: Students, grades 4-20; teachers and staff, all grades
Length: 1.5-3 hours
Content Areas: All
Available By Request Year-Round