As you plan for a variety of scenarios in response to the global COVID-19 health crisis, remember that KET Education is here to help Kentucky educators with programming on-air and instructional resources online.
You can view the new Learn at Home broadcast schedule and related materials in the “On-air” section below.
If you need further assistance or ideas for incorporating PBS LearningMedia, PBS KIDS, or broadcast programming into your NTI day planning please contact the KET Education team at NTI@ket.org.
Due to temporary school closures, KET is providing educational programming content for PreK-12th grade students who are learning at home. Students can view these curriculum-related shows weekdays from 7/6 AM to 5/4 PM on KET.
This schedule was developed to help schools and districts bridge the digital divide and provide equitable access to learning for all students at home, regardless of access to internet or computers.
- Instructional Materials for June 1 – 5 On-Air Schedule
- KET Education On-Air Summer Travel Guide
- PBS KIDS Summer Schedule and Activities
Use these discussion questions and activities for any show on KET – no internet needed – to take what students just watched to the next level:
- Learning Connections and Reflections Worksheet (PDF)
- Discussion Question Cards (PDF)
- PBS KIDS Shows Conversation Guide (PDF)
- Taking TV Time to the Next Level: A KET Viewing Guide for 4th-12th Graders
- Tips for Enhancing TV Learning Experiences for PreK and Elementary Students
Past on-air Learn at Home schedules and materials:
- Broadcast Schedule for March 30 – April 3 (PDF)
- Instructional Materials for March 30 – April 3
- Broadcast Schedule for April 6 – 10 (PDF)
- Instructional Materials for April 6 – 10
- Broadcast Schedule for April 13 – 17 (PDF)
- Instructional Materials for April 13 – 17
- Broadcast Schedule for April 20 – 24 (PDF)
- Instructional Materials for April 20 – 24
- Broadcast Schedule for April 27 – May 1 (PDF)
- Instructional Materials for April 27 – May 1
- Broadcast Schedule for May 4 – 8 (PDF)
- Instructional Materials for May 4 – 8
- Broadcast Schedule for May 11 – 15 (PDF)
- Instructional Materials for May 11 – 15
- Broadcast Schedule for May 18 – 22 (PDF)
- Instructional Materials for May 18 – 22
- Broadcast Schedule for May 25 – 29 (PDF)
- Instructional Materials for May 25 – 29
What about the PBS KIDS programming?
- KET’s PBS KIDS 24/7 channel will remain the same with PBS KIDS favorites for our youngest viewers.
- A live stream of the channel is available at KET.org/live and through the PBS KIDS Video App.
When reliable internet access may be an issue, PBS KIDS broadcast programming on KET is a great option for younger students. Free apps available can also be downloaded ahead of time and then work without internet access. PBS KIDS series and apps are aligned to curriculum areas and specific learning goals. You can find the broadcast schedule for all of KET’s channels including the 24/7 PBS KIDS channel online.
Looking for ways to boost summer learning? Keep the spirit of curiosity alive while school’s out with these printable, informal anytime learning resources.
More Helpful PBS Kids Tools and Resources
PBS KIDS ScratchJr
The storytelling possibilities are endless with this creative coding app for students ages 5-8.
Arthur: All About Community
Use these ARTHUR activities to help children understand themselves and those around them.
Sesame Street in Communities
Tools and tips from Sesame Street for the adults in students’ lives.
Ready To Learn
This initiative promotes early learning and school readiness. Utilize the newest content and activities for educators and parents.
KET’s PBS LearningMedia repository is a powerful, free tool when planning NTI day lessons for students in all grade levels, including thousands of classroom-ready resources aligned to state standards. Videos, games, lesson plans and supplemental materials can be searched by grade level, subject area, keyword and standard. And PBS LearningMedia’s Google Classroom integration makes it easy to share resources with your entire class. Content contributors include KET, PBS, PBS KIDS, NASA, the National Archives, the Library of Congress and many more.
PreK-12 Resources for Emergency Closings
PBS LearningMedia producers and educators have come together to curate a special collection of resources organized by grade and subject area. Find videos, lesson plans, and activities that support learning at home.
More Helpful PBS LearningMedia Tools and Resources
Google Classroom Integration
Sync class rosters and assignments with our Google Classroom integration.
How To: Create Shareable Content Folders
Learn how you can easily create and share a folder of resources with students or colleagues.
Understanding Advanced Search and Browse Features
Find out how you can use PBS LearningMedia to find the perfect resources to enhance distance learning lessons.
Does your school use Remind? Find out how you can use Remind to share lessons and resources!
Virus Information and Prevention Collection
We’ve collected resources to help teach the science of how germs and viruses spread!
Tips for Distance Learning with PBS LearningMedia
Led by master trainers and educators, this live virtual professional learning experience focuses on effective skills, tips, and techniques to prepare for successful distance learning.
For parents and caregivers seeking trustworthy, easy-to-use instructional resources, KET’s Learn at Home page for families features collections for PreK-third grade, grades 4-8, and grades 9-12.
If you need further assistance or ideas for incorporating PBS LearningMedia, PBS KIDS, or instructional broadcast content into your NTI day planning please contact the KET Education team at NTI@ket.org.