Free Photography Workshop: My Kentucky – Places
Saturday October 24 @ 3:00 pm - Saturday October 31 @ 4:30 pm EDT
Inspired by photographer Wendy Ewald and a new documentary from Appalshop and POV called, “Portraits and Dreams,” we’re offering Kentuckians a set of workshops with the theme, “My Kentucky.”
In these virtual workshops, you will learn how to see your environments and the people around you in a new way. Discover how incorporating a sense of storytelling into your photographs can elevate your work.
- Description: This workshop will include illustrated discussion on the art of photography and using a camera to document our places in the world and tell our own stories. There will be camera-use instruction, including exposure and composition, and suggestions regarding different approaches to subject matter.
- Ages: Ages 12+ (with kids under age 18 accompanied by an adult)
- Instructor: Guy Mendes
- Dates (workshop consists of two parts):
- PART A: Sat., Oct. 24, 3-4:30 pm | Instruction, discussion, homework assignments
- PART B: Sat., Oct. 31, 3-4:30 pm | Homework critique
After registering, you’ll receive an email confirmation. Questions? Email us at: email@example.com.
These workshops are free, but reservations are required:
This event is made possible in part by a grant from American Documentary (POV), with funding provided by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.